Friday, November 5, 2010

Anime Day

Sorry this is late coming out. I've had a hard time getting computer time to A: watch the show and B: to write this XD
Glass no Kamen or Glass Mask 
Review after the jump

This show is the mother of all Shojo anime, it is one of the longest running manga ever, and frankly it is a gem than any anime lover should watch. The opening may not give it away as well, but the story is about Maya Kitajima who dreams of becoming the best actress. It's about her struggle becoming worthy of playing the role of the Crimson Goddess. The themes of this are very complicated, and yet I was completely enraptured by this show. I was so caught up that I actually watched all 23 episodes in a row, no distractions, just complete attention. It was so moving I cried when she finally met her "murasaki no bara no hito", or when her mother fell ill. This is a definite must watch! If you can't find the 1987 version I have a link for it.

Wikipedia

2 comments:

  1. I so need to watch this now!! I love all your anime posts. You always find unique ones for sure. I think I will first watch Earl and Fairy, though. I love Victorian so much!! It seems fun. Sometimes it is so nice to have light plots. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy them. I like to watch mostly older anime from the 70's, 80's and early 90's. So I tend to find shows that have either been forgotten, or weren't really popularized in America.

    ReplyDelete