Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Anime Day!

Earl and Fairy

This weekend I watched through Earl and Fairy. I loved the character design and the fantasy aspect of this show. I especially loved the Victorian dresses and the fairy designs. This show is about Lydia Carlton who is a Fairy Doctor. She can see and communicate with Fairies. By chance she meets Edgar J.C Ashenbert, and from there the story takes off. She helps him claim the title of "Earl of the Blue Knights" which is a supernatural title given to the liaison between Fairy and the Queen of England. This show is beautiful and while the story may be a little light on plot due to it being so short I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Book Sidenote

Going Postal
This was the book that got me into Terry Pratchett. The dry wit and absolute hilarity of this is a perfect mix. I absolutely love this book.

Moist Von Lipwig, con man, is given a choice. Run the post office or die for his various crimes. Getting the Post Office running is no small task. Especially with the aid of Groat, an aging Junior Postman, and Stanley, raised by peas.

Please give this book a chance. I loved it, and hope you will too.

Wikipedia

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that anime yet but it looks interesting; and I love the character design ! It looks like something that I'd love ;)!
    Thanks for the quick summary ! :D Definitely gonna watch it after exams finish ;-; !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! that anime looks cute!
    thanks for the tip ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It left me with a want to read the manga :)

    ReplyDelete